The Cough Suppressant
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Be careful not to boil the tea. It will give you a cleaner flavor and be more nutrient-rich.
- 1 1” piece ginger, peeled, grated
- 1 1” piece turmeric, peeled, grated
- ½ teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 small garlic clove, grated
- ¼ cup honey, preferably raw
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime or lemon juice
Lightly whack oregano and thyme with a wooden spoon to bruise and release oils. Heat herbs, ginger, turmeric, peppercorns, and 8 cups water in a medium saucepan until an instant-read thermometer registers around 130°—it should be uncomfortably hot to the touch (do not let it boil). Reduce temperature to low and let mixture steep 6 minutes. Add garlic, honey, almond milk, and citrus juice, stirring to dissolve honey. Strain into a pitcher or large heatproof container, pushing on the herbs to squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Divide among mugs.